Saturday, May 11, 2013

Long Vacation

There's an old Japanese drama (from the nineties, I think) called Long Vacation
The plot follows:
a 25 year old piano major who can't seem to find the confidence to confess to the girl he likes and doesn't play well enough to win competitions because of a mental barrier
And
A 31 year old woman who's been a model all her life but can no longer get any good modelling jobs because she's getting old and also got left at the altar by her fiancé. 

Anyway they meet and eventaully, they accidentally fall in love and consequently help each other move forward in their lives.

Near the beginning of the drama, when they're talking about how they're both kind of in a rut, and at low points in their lives, the guy says something to the effect of "think of this as a long vacation in which you've been given the time to take a rest from the things in your life that have brought you down and figure out what to do and stand back up again" 

Lately I've felt like this is my "Long Vacation". But I'm so ready for it to end. But maybe kamisama thinks my time hasn't come yet. What do I have to do to make my life move forward? 

Meet Kimura Takuya and learn how to play piano? =="

_

No comments:

Post a Comment